Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Firestarter (2022)

 

My composting* review of Firestarter (2022). Spoilers may follow.

I liked everything about Firestarter (2022) except that it was called Firestarter. I wish I could watch it without knowledge of prior iterations, same as I wished with Pet Sematary 2019.
Some seriously toxic family issues. Lots of charred and some half-charred people. One very unlucky cat. https://www.doesthedogdie.com/media/875497
Gloria Ruben keeps laughing in the face of oversaturation. Kurtwood Smith is well- but under-utilized. Michael Greyeyes is awesome and terrible. Zac Efron is there too.
It is VERY different from the 80s Firestarter(s). Skip it if you can't reconcile that. Also skip it if you don't want to see things and places and people and at least one animal burn and burn and burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment